Your mouth starts watering the moment you hear this fruit’s name. They are certainly the best sweet treat available in the markets and are high in demand all over the year. The texture, flavor, and numerous health benefits have made this fruit, all the more essential in daily diets for many people all across the globe. If in case you have a field that gets direct sunlight and also the apt soil for strawberry plants, growing them shall be completely hassled free and convenient.
Many people enjoy fresh produce of the fruit in their home gardens too, which is very easy and maintenance free to manage. There are three major varieties of this fruit, and growing needs might differ a bit, relying upon the variety you are trying to grow. However if in case you keep a few imperative aspects in mind while preparing for the strawberry patch, the yield would be way too superior, and you can easily harvest the finest quality of strawberry fruit.
Here are a few tips that might help you evaluate the best soil for strawberry plants and its adequate care:
If in case the plantation of the strawberry plants is done well, you shall be able to produce some of the best produce and that too in enough quality. So if in case you have the zest for sparkling bright berries, then this one is certainly going to help you! This would not just help you keep the plantation easy and hassle free, but would also ensure there is a major difference in the quality of fruit you would be able to produce.
Following a few basics that make you reap variation anywhere, no matter you are working in the field or in your kitchen garden for that matter:
What is the Best Soil for Planting the Fruit?
You certainly require paying attention to the soil you consider to plants this fruit; this would make a major difference in the quality you yield and also would affect the plantation as a whole.
- This fruit works best if paired with well drained and loamy soil. This is made out of organic substance.
- You must pay attention to the PH level of the soil. It must range from 5.5-6.5.
- Ensure the ability of the soil to drain well.
- Select the place of growing the strawberry patch, well. This patch must not be very windy.
- Choose the variety of the crop well and apt for the climate and the zone you are growing at.
- The patch where you would grow the fruits must be dug at least a month before the day you start the plantation.
- Get rid of any weeds or stones, insects, in the soil if any.
- A good fertilizer makes a lot of a difference in te quality of the yield you are going to produce.
Apart from following the tips above, the answer to the question asked before is certainly found. Talking about the best soil that can create a major difference in the quality of Strawberries you produce is CLAY.
It is formed majorly from rocks that are concentrated with a mix of water and the various acids working over them under the grounds. Clay is majorly found in the topsoil layer in most of the plantation field and gardens.
Also, if in case you don’t find clay beneath your field, there is nothing to worry about. You can buy clay that is available in various markets at nominal cost to add brilliance to your produce. These days, buildings are being constructed almost everywhere, and the construction sites are prepared well after removing clay to build foundations. But the thrown out clay is readily available at reasonable charges almost everywhere in the markets.
Sand is considered to be another major booster for Strawberry plantations. It is considered to be ideal to purchase clean sand over the counter to make sure your produce is simply the best. This shall also be time-saving as it shall save you from cleaning and removing insects and weeds etc. Don’t even attempt at planting sand from beaches in your gardens, as they contain salt, and we are certainly not growing crackers!
Try organic matter to be added to the soil for planting strawberries. Make sure you choose wisely upon the quality of this matter. This is certainly the best if it is derived from animals, like egg shells, meat and cheese pieces. All this would ensure to offer major benefits and also make the plantation disease free at large.
Also, the choice of an ideal fertilizer would let you make a wise decision in making the quality of the soil better and indeed obtaining a better produce. You must include the most balanced fertilizer for a good quality strawberry produce, and once it is offered wisely, the results are simply going to be nothing less than amazing.
Now that we have spoken about the soil at large, let us pay some attention over to the care and plantation needs for the strawberry plant:
- Make sure you buy fresh and healthy plants
- Ensure to plant the bought plants as soon as possible
- Strawberries are most likely going to sprawl, so keep the distance in mind.
- Don’t plant very deep into the soil; instead, ensure the crown stays on the surface of the soil.
- Trim the roots if the need be.
- Make sure the plants receive adequate, direct sunlight.
- Raise the soil beds well before plantation.
- Ensure that you have practiced soil rotation for the best yield.
Steps that Say You Care
- Trim away the new baby plants that sprawl, regularly
- Water adequately as these plants require enough moisture, undoubtedly
- Weeding shall be done with hands
- Protect the blossom and the fruit from birds and insects
- Keep the pests and the molds at bay
- Fruit shall be up in 4-6 weeks time
- Remove the ripped fruits only; let the others get ready until then
- Cut the fruit by its stem and avoid pulling
- Store the harvested fruit in the fridge, unwashed
- You can easily freeze the delicious fruit for up to 2 months
Now that you have some adequate information for growing this yummy and mouth watering fruit, you can now go ahead and enjoy a great quality and large quantities to keep you full all year long! The fruit is always on demand and tastes the best. Nutrition content in the strawberries is enormous, and you would certainly be proud of yourself to create a quality that stands out. Enjoy, sell or store, just following these small little aspects that would all ensure that you never look back to get a quality worth doing all this for.
Once you are done with selecting just the right measure, it would all be certainly worth the investment of your time, money, and energy at the end of it. Try these steps to grow this lovely fruit, right in the comfort of your home and enjoy an impeccable variety of the fruit, nonstop for the whole year!