Do you want to maintain the lawn in its tip-top shape, regardless of what season it is? Have you ever wished that there is an easier way for you to do this? The good news is that this can be possible with the use of the best zero turn lawn mower. You should keep in mind, however, that they are not all the same. Definitely, one is always better than the other. The burden is on your end. You need to be responsible enough to differentiate the possibilities and to make the right decision.
Undecided on which one to pick? Clueless on how to differentiate one option from all others? I am here to extend a helping hand. In the rest of this post, I will provide you with insights that you need to know. Among others, here are some of the options that you might want to take into consideration.
Top Picks for the Best Zero Turn Lawn Mower
Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724cc Zero Turn Mower
Style and performance – these are two things that are combined in this zero turn lawn mower. It is integrated with a 24 HP engine from Briggs & Stratton, which is its source of dependable power for mowing in different surface conditions.
This model also comes with a 54-inch reinforced stamped cutting deck, which allows it to do more within a short span of time. The flat stock steel reinforcement in the deck makes it rigid, and hence, providing you with the assurance that it will be long-lasting.
It is equipped with a number of innovative technologies that provide the mower with a distinct advantage above its competitors. For instance, it comes with Air Induction Mowing Technology, which means that air will be drawn from both the top and the bottom to improve its capability to mow.
Poulan Pro P46ZX Briggs V-Twin Pro 22 HP Cutting deck Zero Turn Radius Lawn Mower
Among others, one thing that is worth noting about this model is its dual wheel hydro transmission, which provides better maneuverability. You will be able to control the direction of each wheel independently through simple arm movements.
For versatility, this specific model offers 6-position cutting height adjustment. The blades can be adjusted from 1.5 to 4 inches, depending on the cutting task that needs to be done.
The 22 HP Briggs & Stratton engine that is incorporated in the unit allows it to deliver performance that is beyond comparison, even in demanding applications. The engine is complemented with a 46-inch reinforced deck, which even comes with a 10-year warranty.
For your comfort, there is a 15-inch seat. Its extra-high back will provide you with a comfortable place to lean on when you are mowing. Even when doing the task for an extended period of time, this can help to significantly minimize fatigue.
Husqvarna RZ3016 30-inch 16.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Gas Powered Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mower
Compared to the two products above, this one is a bit smaller, which also explains why the price is cheaper. The cutting deck has a width of only 30 inches, which is perfect for small to medium-duty applications.
Equipped with an automatic choke system, this zero turn lawn mower can prove to be excellent when it comes to ease of use. It is designed in such a way that it will be a snap to operate, especially because it has push-button start.
The maintenance-free transmission of this lawn mower means that you do not have to exert too much effort in being able to maintain its best quality, even through many years of use.
It also uses Air Induction Mowing Technology. This is an innovative feature that allows it to lift grass in a more powerful manner since air will be drawn both from the top and the bottom of the cutting deck.
Husqvarna 967323903 V-Twin 724cc Zero Turn Mower
This zero turn lawn mower is equipped with a bumper that has a headlight, providing you with the illumination that is needed when working in the dark. The bumper does not only add style but also protects the nose from possible damages.
For ease of operation, it is incorporated with an ergonomic control panel. All the controls will be easily accessed as they are strategically-positioned.
It is powered by Endurance V-Twin Engine, which is made by Briggs & Stratton. The premium air filtration and generous size of its fan are just some of the reasons why it can prove to be reliable.
The automatic park brake system, which has a pending patent, is another feature that makes it an ideal pick for the best zero turn lawn mower. With the latter, moving the steering wheel will already be enough to have the brakes activated or deactivated.
Husqvarna MZ61 27 HP Zero Turn Mower
Equipped with a 61-inch cutting deck, this zero turn lawn mower will be able to complete the task within a short period of time. Complemented with a 27HP motor from Briggs & Stratton, no task will be too small or big for this product.
The 6-inch pneumatic wheels that are integrated in the unit will provide it with long-term functionality. It is going to work well in different types of terrains, making it effortless for you to have the lawn mower maneuvered. This also effectively dampens vibration to promote the optimal comfort of the user.
It also comes with pedal-assisted cutting deck lift, which is ergonomically designed to make it user-friendly. The latter also makes it easy to adjust the cutting height in a manner that is precise and while you are comfortable in the driver’s seat.
Why You Need a Zero Turn Lawn Mower
For some people, the price of the zero turn lawn mowers can already be discouraging. Nonetheless, once you are aware of its many benefits, it will be easier for you to be convinced that you need one.
- It is perfect for large lots. If you have a yard with a size of up to a half acre, a reel mower may suffice. If it is at least one acre, on the other hand, a gas-powered push mower will be needed. But if it is bigger than three acres, you will surely benefit from having a zero turn lawn mower.
- It is an essential for professional landscapers. Many people who buy zero turn lawn mowers are professional gardeners or landscapers. It is an essential equipment that will be needed in order to successfully and efficiently complete their jobs.
- It improves the quality of cuts. Another good thing about zero turn lawn mowers is that they have significantly better cutting capabilities compared to other types of lawn mowers. One of the reasons for this is because they can offer infinite maneuverability.
- It makes mowing a lot easier. With the innovative features that are integrated in the unit, this will surely make it effortless for you to trim the lawn. All that you have to do is to sit back, relax, and operate the mower just like you are driving your car.
What are the Different Types of Zero Turn Lawn Mower
Generally speaking, the following are the options that you will be confronted with:
- Entry Level: This is the cheapest and most compact. It has basic features and perfects for residential use, especially for beginners. It usually has an engine with 13.5 to 22 HP and a maximum speed of up to 9 km/hour.
- Mid-Grade: Under this category, the speed is usually up to 11 km/h and the engine has a power of 22 to 26 HP.
- Semi-Pro: Most of the engines that are used in products that fall under this category are from 23 – 27 HP and they have a speed of up to 12 km/hour.
- Commercial: This is the perfect choice for demanding and professional applications. They are usually expensive and equipped with high-end features. The maximum speed is usually 19 km/hour, while the motor has a power of 19 to 30 HP.
What Factors To Consider in Looking for Best Zero Turn Lawn Mower
As you try to search for the best within the product category, the following are some of the most important factors that should be taken into account.
- Deck Size: If you have a large lawn, you need to buy one with a larger deck. This means that it will be able to cut more within a single pass, allowing you to finish the mowing job quickly. If the deck is larger, on the other hand, maneuvering the lawn mower can be more challenging on your end.
- Engine: It is paramount to consider the engine that is integrated in the zero turn lawn mower because it will have a huge impact on its performance. Take a look at the horsepower. You need a more powerful engine if you are looking for a lawn mower that is going to be used for professional applications. Make sure as well that the engine will be effortless for you to maintain and should not create a loud noise when being used.
- Speed: For zero turn lawn mowers that will be used for professional applications, having high speed is critical in order to do more in a short time. Semi-pro and commercial lawn mowers often have incredible speeds.
- Comfort: Mowing is one task that you might dread doing if it is uncomfortable. With this, choose a zero turn lawn mower that can offer the highest level of comfort. The design of the seat is one of the most important things. It should be well-cushioned and should have a backrest.
- Ease of Use: From the first look, it might seem that zero turn lawn mowers are complicated to operate. While this can indeed be true, as long as you exert effort in finding the best, you can end up with one that is user-friendly. It is important to have an ergonomic control panel and the buttons should be strategically positioned so that you can easily access them when needed. It should also be easy to maneuver. The quality of the tires will also be vital. Lastly, make sure that maintenance will require minimal effort on your end.
Tips in using Zero Turn Lawn Mower
It is not enough that you have the best zero turn lawn mower. It is also essential for you to be knowledgeable on how it can be safely and effectively used. In this case, here are some of the most important things that you have to keep in mind:
- Carefully read the manual from the manufacturer. Even if you have used a zero turn lawn mower in the past, different manufacturers have varying instructions, which is why you should be familiar with such.
- Wear safety gears. The most basic would be eyewear for protection from stray objects. A hearing protection may also be warranted if you are using a zero turn lawn mower that produces a lot of noise.
- Practice and test drive the lawn mower first. Before heading out on the lawn, have it test driven on the driveway or on any surface that is even. Be familiar with the controls to easily maneuver the mower.
- Be careful when working on hilly areas. As a rule of thumb, you should not be using your zero turn mower in areas with slopes that are more than 15 degrees. If you are mowing on a surface that is inclined, make sure to reduce your speed.
- Familiarize yourself with the braking mechanism. Conventional mowers have foot-activated brakes. In the case of zero turn mowers, on the other hand, they are activated through the steering wheel. Make sure to be alert at all times, especially when mowing at high speed.
While all of the options mentioned above can prove to be promising, if there is one that I can specifically recommend, it would be Poulan Pro P46ZX Briggs V-Twin Pro 22 HP Cutting deck Zero Turn Radius Lawn Mower. It can deliver dependable performance while being able to promote your highest level of comfort. It will surely make the task a lot easier. As the top pick for the best zero turn lawn mower, this will definitely be able to provide the best value for your money!